Great stories propel media relations, along with the people and organizations in them.
Shelly's years of experience in newspapers allowed her to cultivate her innate ability to find and tell compelling stories. This means she knows what reporters and other media professionals are seeking.
She's also had great success in winning earned media (news coverage) in her work as a communications professional.
Shelly has provided media relations for health care organizations, non-profits and political campaigns. Shelly has worked with newspapers and TV stations all around Oregon. Her media relations strategies have resulted in mountains of news coverage, positive editorials and opinion columns published in the local news.
Shelly's strategies also sometimes include preparing teams to go before editorial boards, coaching people who want to write an opinion column, putting together a press release and distributing it, pitching stories to newspaper and TV reporters or simply being a resource for the media.
Here's a sampling of Shelly's media relations work:
- Place a bet on young Oregonians by saying yes -- Editorial, The Oregonian
- Oregon has a moral obligation to fund high schools better -- Press release, Yes on 98
- Education advocates turn in signatures for Oregon funding measure -- Portland Business Journal
- Hands-on learning prepares students -- opinion column in Klamath Falls Herald and News
- Kaiser Permanente hospitals in-step with culinary movement -- Press release, Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Medical Center
- Oregon Agriculture being killed -- Press release, Yes on 49
- See this key coverage -- The Oregonian
- Governor commends Taste of the Nation Portland in fight against hunger
- Peruvian Cooking 101: Where is it from, where is it going?